I cannot express how much I love long scenic drives! I miss those introverted hours on the road having my personal carpool karaoke time 🙂 Every drive need that music to get you pumped for your adventure! The fall leaves, crisp air, and cozy sweaters (accompanied by a Starbucks PSL) need a music list to match. So here is my current mix that is getting me jazzed for the colder weather!
1. Fallin’ -Alicia Keys – Okay…Maybe this choice is for the title… but I love fresh faced Alicia Keys to get back in the mood for fall and back to school confidence!
2. Mushaboom– Feist – This is the sweetest song and immediately makes me think of getting the kids bundled up to play in the leaves and long drives down old dirt roads!
3. Paper Kite- Elle Graham – Her voice is angelic and you can almost picture the falling leaves spinning in the air down to the ground with her lyrics.
4. Thumbs- Sabrina Carpenter – Fall means back to the grindstone for us teachers. I love this catch song about “working for the man” … or for 25 students and their parents in my case 😉 Seriously the hook on this song will want you to put it on replay! (One of my recent favorites).
5. 7 Years– Lukas Graham – The teacher in me adores the story about how this boy was so influenced by the words and actions of those around him… such a good reminder to be intentional with each of my students in how I encourage them day to day.
6. Kill Em with Kindness– Selena Gomez – Oh boy… I can tell parent-teacher conferences are coming up… just kidding… but, in all seriousness, there can be so much negativity, that I need to remind myself to choose to be kinder and more gracious than I feel at the moment.
7. Renegades– X Ambassadors – This song just makes you want to throw on your shades, get lost, and drive through a tunnel of fall foliage…
8. Brand New– Ben Rector– New school year, fresh start… this upbeat song and optimistic catch is another one on repeat 😉
9. Sit Still, Look Pretty– DAYA – This is another “get your butt out of bed and get stuff done” kind of song! Good motivator…especially during gym time!
10. Home– Blue October – Gosh, sometimes we are in this race to do all these “exciting adventures” that we forget that those little moments, like dancing in the kitchen or waking up to the one you love, are the ones that exemplify life’s greatest adventure.
11. Make Someone Happy- Jimmy Durante –“Don’t you love New York in the Fall? It makes be want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly-sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.” Those 90s rom-coms (ie. You Got Mail) always had that old school crooner, Jimmy Durante singing romantic songs like the one above… Anytime I hear his voice, it brings me back to those cheesy love-stories of my childhood!
12. Great Pumpkin Waltz- Vince Guaraldi –Speaking of childhood, nothing will bring you back quicker that the jazzy piano stylings straight from the Great Pumping Patch (Charlie Brown)… however childish it may seem, set your Pandora Station to “Vince Guaraldi” for the best background music for your house in the fall… you wont be disappointed!
13. Fight Song/Amazing Grace– The Piano Guys – Instrumental mashups are among my favorites.. this one is absolutely beautiful and is great for curvy roads and falling leaves.
14. Change of Seasons– Sweet Thing- Seasons in our lives are just that…seasons. We don’t know what is in store ahead, so why not go forward confidently and with optimism.
15. There Goes the Fear– Doves– This song builds. Listen to it… you’ll love it!
Hope you enjoy this season and get some ideas to add to your personal playlists! Now go out for a drive and enjoy those changing colors while they last 🙂